Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Driving Me Crazy........


Well I don't like to starting out on my first blog here bitching but my name is "Bitchin'Bunny" although the "bitchin" part is suppose to mean "cool" "fat" "bad" "sick" well you got the picture! But today it's definitely "bitching"! Is it just me or have you noticed that driver's have become increasingly rude on our public roadways? A few years back we all started hearing about the new phenomenon "road rage" which is just another name for "out of control idiot" but even the fear of road rage morons with weapons hasn't stopped some driver's from being just plain rude and way less than courteous while driving. It doesn't matter what the situation is or what you might find yourself confronted with, good manner's and common courtesy will only help any situation. So why aren't people using good manner's and practicing common courtesy much anymore?

Several times in recent month's I have had to make defensive moves on the road to avoid being hit head on by some moron talking on their cell phone while driving. There isn't a law against this in most states yet but there should be. What is so important that it must be said while you are maneuvering through traffic on the streets, if it's that important then pull over where you can safely carry on a phone conversation or wait till your stopped somewhere. I can already hear some of you saying, "I feel perfectly safe talking on my cell while I'm driving" well I don't! As I've said I've avoided at least two head on collisions by people carrying on cell phone conversations while driving. I realize cell phone's are very convenient but can we apply a little common sense when using them. You may wonder what this as got to do with good manner's, I'll tell you, it's very rude to run over someone with your automobile because you didn't see them because you were too preoccupied with your cell phone conversation! I don't know how you would feel but I'd hate to get ran over by some woman arguing on her cell with her husband over what they're going to have for dinner and not paying attention to traffic!

And it seems like way more people are running red lights these days and this is an extremely "STUPID" thing to do. Are you in such a hurry that you would risk life and limb to gain possibly only a minute or so that you feel the need to run a red light or gun it through a yellow caution light. Maybe you have the right to risk your own life but you DO NOT have the right to risk mine or any other person's by driving in this manner. If it's that important to be somewhere on time then it should be worth planning better or perhaps even getting ready a few minutes early instead of making yourself a road hazard by driving like a cat with it's tail on fire! There is never a reason good enough to make unsafe driving "OK" and I repeat "NEVER"

Then there are those who tailgate or ride other vehicle's bumper's and I watch them do this even in heavy snow and other bad road conditions. Your four wheel drive may go really fast in the snow but it doesn't stop that quickly yet I see numerous driver's in going like a bat out of hell in the middle of snow storms or riding the bumper of the car in front of them. Hint: when the weather is bad, get up a little earlier than normal and allow for extra driving time. Keep a safe distance between you and the car in front of you, your not going to make them go any faster by riding their bumper's and they may be a road rage moron with a weapon, ever think of that?

I think we get so preoccupied with our busy life style's that we forget the horrible results from traffic accidents, we forget how much damage our cars can do, how easily they can reap carnage on innocent victim's. It's time for a reality check, SPEED KILLS but it certainly doesn't hurt to plan better or just get up 10 minutes earlier than you use to and allow for more driving time, you will find that when you arrive at your destination your in a much more relaxed mood and it's a much better way to start out your work day. Try to exercise good manner's, be polite and courteous to others while driving, it makes for a much better driving experience. No one likes going fast more than I do, I was definitely born with a need for speed, my ex husband was a speed skier who skied at over 100 M.P.H. and it way always his dad or I who drove the boat, my family has always actively participated in racing sports of all kinds and I'm not saying I haven't driven fast on our highways but I have always had courtesy and respect for others on our public roadways and never put other's life and limb at risk because no one has the right to do that to any other life form. I put it that way because animals count too, how would you like to tell some sweet little girl that just got home from school that you killed her family pet by running it over in the street because you were in a hurry because you were late for work, again!

When your on our public roadway's it's mainly just a matter of treating other's as you would like to be treated yourself, smile, drive nice, exercise good manner's and common courtesy, it really will make your day much more enjoyable even if you have to wake up fifteen minutes or so earlier than you use to. It'll also make that drive to work in bad weather way less stressful which will make for a better day. It's actually a very easy way of making our world a kinder and gentler place, every one's more pleasant and less stressed there's much less carnage on our roadways and if for no other reason do it because it's the right thing to do and on that note I'm outta' here for now..................Oh, and don't forget to buckle up!

No comments: