Tuesday, September 9, 2008

San Francisco 49er's 2008 Season Opener!















This is just a fun blog for me anyway, the football season kicked off officially this past weekend and although my 49er's did not win their game, they looked marvelous. And I am so pleased that they decided to make J.T. O'Sullivan the starting quarterback, I like this guy he fits the 49er's well and I think we'll have a good season if he stays healthy
I realize the 49er's have a lot of money invested in Alex Smith and I'm sure he's a great guy but he has failed as far as quarterbacking the 49er's, he just hasn't got what it takes on the field, I saw this from the start. Of course now he's apparently reinjured his shoulder so who knows what the future holds for him, I do wish him only the best. And I want to mention another fairly new member of the 49er's while I'm here and thats Mike Singletary as our assistant head coach, this man is a class act as a person and as a football player, he played his entire career for the Chicago Bears and you can see a major improvement in our defense since he came to San Francisco, while our offense may have a few bugs to work out our defense is simply awesome and I feel the main reason for this is Mike Singletary
And I want to mention Mike Nolan the head coach, I know this man has been under a lot of pressure to produce and the 49er's have been in a rebuilding period the last couple of years but I like this coach, he belongs coaching the San Francisco 49er's and I hope we have an awesome season so I don't have the hear the crap about his job being in jeopardy, he's right where he should be.
Ever since Bill Walsh came to San Francisco and changed the game of football forever with his genious, San Francisco has been extremely lucky to have a team who's winning record has been as consistant as theirs, they were the 1st to win 5, count them 5 Superbowls! I have been a 49er fan since birth, my dad went to school with Y.A. Tittle and I went to games before I was even old enough to remember. I look back and laugh now but I remember when I heard they were going to close Czar Stadium I was so upset and I cried watching the games with my dad was very special to me and I loved going there. I remember my dad came over and held me trying to comfort me and telling me how the new stadium was going to be so much better for the team, they would have a much nicer and bigger park to play in. And this stadium would hold way more fans to cheer for our team and it was a good thing, he just didn't know how the 49er's would ever fill all those seats, you see back then you couldn't give away 49er tickets, LOL The new stadium I am talking about was Candlestick Park! A short while later Bill Walsh came along and the rest is history and my dad was right, I love the stick and it holds a ton more of wonderful memories for me and not just football, the San Francisco Giants baseball games and some rockin' concerts. And while I'm on the subject I hate sponsors demanding the park be named after them for their sponsorship money, I appreciate all they do and I remember their names and companies but Candlestick will never be called anything other than "The Stick", that 3-Com and Monster Park is pure bullshit,period.



I do know theres a lot of people who don't watch football as for me I love it, I am proudly 49er Faithful and like the sign sayesand I guess thats enough team spirit for today except for one thing I don't want to go without mentioning, I also do college football and I am a 3rd generation Notre Dame fan, failure to be one would cause my Irish mother and Irish grandmother to revoke my life! And if your Irish you know they could and would do this, they have the power! But, I'm a proud fan of the fighting Irish and another coach has been taking some heat but this weekend the fighting Irish of Notre Dame started out the season with a check in the win column so kudo's to you Charlie for kicking off the season with a win and we'll be cheering the team on all season and your part of the reason!

Hey everyone, cheers to the 2008 football season, it's gonna be good........

No comments: