Sunday, January 25, 2009

Rain Drops....


Rain Drops....

Original Poem by Ruth Williams


They free fall from heaven landing softly upon the earth
Gently cleaning the planet and quenching it's thirst
Little drops bringing life each time that they fall
Replenishing, refreshing and restoring us all
Some run for cover while others dance in their midst
They inspire young lovers to stop and share a kiss
I'm speaking of the rain drops that fall from the sky
I wonder, "Could it be Mother Nature having a good cry?"
They come through all seasons, no set time and no set place
And there's no life without them, life exists in their grace
They leave everything clean and a fresh scent in the air
And I love listening to them fall as I rock in my chair....

Lately we've had a few spring like days and it's way to early into
winter for it but for the last few days we have rain showers on and
off and it must have inspired me so I road the little poem above and
I hope you enjoy it. We are completely back to winter today and the
snow fell, just a dusting to lightly coat everything.

No comments: